How to sync MP3 files I download to my computer with my Apple Device?
To sync MP3 files to an iDevice that have been downloaded to a PC or Mac you will need the following before you begin:
- PC or Mac
- USB wire (white cable) that connects to iDevice
- iDevice (iPhone, iPod, iPad)
- MP3 file(s)
- iTunes (preferably latest version)
- Locate the MP3 file(s) you want to sync to your Apple Device (Mac's default media player is iTunes); if you are using a PC, you will have to right-click and a menu window will appear on which you will left-click on "Open with" and another window will appear with a list of media player programs on which you must select iTunes.
- The MP3 will open in iTunes and begin to play, stop it. If you do not have a playlist created already, create one and titled anything you want.
- Once you have a playlist, locate the MP3 in iTunes, if you do not recall the location of the MP3 in iTunes, there is a small magnify glass in the top right of the iTunes screen. Right next to the magnify glass there is a white empty search field, there you enter the name of the MP3 and iTunes will locate it when you hit "enter."
- Once the MP3 is located, right click on it and a menu will appear, left-click on "Add to playlist," then another menu of already created playlists will appear. Left-click on the one you created or an existing one.
- Once finished, check the playlist to make sure that the MP3 was added. Once confirmed, in the left column titled at the top "playlists," find your playlist and drag it over to your right and right column will appear titled "devices," drag it over your device and drop it and the sync will begin.
** Another way to sync MP3 file(s) to your iDevice if you are not concerned about organizing your files on the iDevice is to simply open the MP3 file(s) in iTunes and right-click on it, a menu will appear and left-click on "Add to playlist," then another menu will appear with playlists and devices. At the very top of the menu, the device will appear and left-click on it and the sync will start. MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER OR ELSE IT WILL NOT APPEAR UNDER DEVICES. **